Geotechnics | Engineering Geology | Underground Structures | Offshore
SOIL Engineering operates in the field of civil engineering and provides design and technical assistance services. Founded in 1996, SOIL Engineering has gradually integrated and broadened its expertise and currently works for Public entities, construction companies, Oil & Gas companies and engineering firms in the fields of geology, geotechnics, underground works, landslides and environmental protection. SOIL Engineering services relates to the following engineering sectors:
- assistance for geotechnical and geophysical site investigations;
- geological, geomorphological and hydrogeological surveys/studies;
- geotechnical engineering for buildings, infrastructures and industrial facilities;
- seismic hazard evaluations;
- soil improvement and special foundations;
- transportation infrastructures and underground works;
- tunneling geotechnical and structural design;
- retaining structures for deep excavations;
- nearshore and marine works, including Oil&Gas, LNG and Wind Farm facilities, offshore platforms and subsea structures;
- geohazard studies;
- landslides mitigation/protection;
- reclamation and environmental protection works;
- safety planning and supervision during construction works (HSE).
SOIL Engineering is able to cover all design phases, from feasibility studies and preliminary surveys up to construction and final testing. Such assistance and design activities are integrated by Operations Management and Technical Supervision services so as to guarantee the project control during its working phases.
Besides its design and assistance activities, the company supports the Client with services aimed at verifying the operational status of works and the technical and the economic feasibility of third-party designs and has provided assistance to Public entities in the validation phase of important infrastructural works.
The operative structure is based on the interaction between specialist disciplines and manages a wide range of technical services in different civil engineering sectors; it features geotechnical, structural, transportation and environmental engineers, geologists, architects and draftsmen, assisted by administrative and secretarial personnel. Recently SOIL Engineering has been incorporated in a much larger, general civil engineering company (Maffeis Engineering) able to provide strong support for any further special needs.
Depending on the required field of activity, job orders are carried out by workgroups of technical experts under the guidance of a technical director; for works of greater size and complexity, the latter is routinely flanked by a figure covering internal and external organizational and management issues. As contracts are often multidisciplinary, a mix of know-how is required and therefore a synergic, mutual interaction between the different groups is provided.
The Company organization is highly flexible and as such is able to manage works of significantly variable dimensions. Transversal connections and synergies within the various units allow for multidisciplinary tasks, efficiency and challenging design schedules.
SOIL ENGINEERING quality management system has achieved the UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 certification (CERTIFICATE NO. IQ-0123-06 – Dasa-Rägister S.p.A) and thus its services quality standard is guaranteed.